Bellows Mill is an idyllic old watermill nestling beneath the Chiltern Hills with the lake providing a picturesque setting for weddings. With exclusive use of the premises for the weekend, it is the perfect venue for those wanting a formal or informal country wedding.
For more information and to arrange a viewing, please call Rachael on 01525 220548 or email email@example.com
We believe every wedding held at Bellows Mill should be as individual and unique as the couples choosing our venue for their celebration.
The choice of where to hold your wedding is a really important decision, so we encourage you to come to the venue to look around, ask questions and share your ideas. You will be free to stroll around the grounds and soak up the Bellows Mill atmosphere.
Once you have decided that Bellows Mill is for you, the date of your choice can be held for seven days. Following this a £500 deposit* will secure the date (*please note this deposit payment is non-refundable and we do advise you take out wedding insurance). We will require 50% of the balance four months before the date. The final balance is due four weeks before the wedding.
In the early planning stages, Elaine (your wedding coordinator) will meet with couples to understand their desired ‘vision’ and discuss the ‘art of the possible’. She will keep in regular contact offering helpful tips and ideas and endeavour to make sure it’s your day, your way. That way, Bellows Mill barn, courtyard and lakeside can be transformed with your personal touches. You are free to choose your own suppliers and if required, Elaine will suggest a range of local suppliers who know our venue.
Our weekend package includes two nights in the Kingfisher Suite and there is a range of self-catering accommodation available for guests. As your big day will pass quickly, if you do wish to extend your celebrations and spend more time with family and friends at Bellows Mill, then do let us know as soon as you can so we can reserve rooms for you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for list of recommended suppliers
The property is surrounded by water.
There are no lifeguards employed on the premises at any time.
The proprietor is not responsible for the safety of the guests and a disclaimer to this effect is attached with the booking form when confirming a reservation.
Children must be closely supervised at all times.
Weddings in 2022/23
Exclusive weekend use of the venue: £9,950.
What is included
- Venue with lakeside stretch marquee and grounds.
- Kingfisher Suite for two nights.
- Use of Barn for ceremony*, wedding breakfast and evening entertainment on the wedding day.
- Access the day before the reception to set up and decorate the barn. Access the following day to clear up.
- Wedding Venue Co-ordinator.
- Tables and chairs or rustic benches and tables (to seat 120). (If you wish round tables we can hire these – see Round Tables – Jaspers Event Hire (jaspershire.co.uk) who also hire rustic and Chiavari chairs).
- Stretch marquee, with power hook ups close by for PA system and caterer’s use.
- Mini marquee and parasols in the grounds for shade.
- Four cloakrooms.
- Internal and external mood lighting – fairy lights in the barn, festoon lights in the courtyard and on the stretch and lakeside lights, flambos and firepit lakeside.
- Licensed pay bar delivered by Heritage team – we can provide drinks packages, dry hire and staff and pay bar service – see bar details below.
- You may supply your own drinks for the welcome drink, wedding breakfast and toast at no extra charge (we can hire glasses for you and provide service or your caterer will be able to arrange this).
Also included: Fully equipped caterer’s prep kitchen, chiller fridges, wooden benches for outside and inside, lawn game package, 5 barrels, cake table.
*The Barn comfortably accommodates 120, if more guests attend, numbers must be agreed in advance.
Once we have agreed exactly what you would like us to provide for your event, we will then send an itemised quote.
Then, 50% of the total package (venue/accommodation/all extras confirmed) is due four months before the event and the remaining balance (plus any further extras agreed) one month before.
A refundable damage deposit may also be payable 30 days before the event and will be returned after the event (see T&Cs).
We do not restrict you to any other recommended supplier; however, as we regularly work with some great local businesses that can help you with your special day do please ask us for their details.
What is not included:
- Marquees/Tipi for receptions with more than 120 guests. (available from ‘Countryside Marquees’ or ‘The Natural Tent Company’)
- Mobile Van surcharge e.g. Pizzas, Crepes – £100 per unit
- Catering, crockery, cutlery, glasses, table linen, chair covers, decorations and flowers
- Music and live entertainment
- Horsebox bar dry hire, extra games, barrels, barn decor, glass hire, etc. (POA)
*There is an additional charge if you wish to relocate the stretch marquee and/or use other marquee or tipi suppliers
**Bespoke ceremonies can be held beside the lake or in the wildflower meadow, weather permitting.
Funerals – £700
Private Parties – POA